Monday, June 30, 2014

Gratitude Amidst Chaos and #sharethebook

The longest, hardest weeks are always somehow the very best. I don't know how to describe it. While this week was a tad difficult, it also was miraculous. Love it. So here is my gratitude list for the week:

1. I'm grateful for strong spiritual promptings. We had a meeting with our mission president and the APs about what we needed to train on for our Mission Leadership Council this month. After we left, Sister Ashcraft and I felt something was off. We were missing something. The next morning we called President to ask if we could somehow work in that faith talk I told y'all about last week. Guess what? He'd been thinking the exact same thing! And we had been nervous to call and request a change! Following the Spirit - it truly never leads you astray. 

2. I'm grateful for perfect lessons. Yes, they exist. Especially with Shay. It was quite a large group of us. We had an extra sister with us and one of our favorite members, in addition to Shay of course. The Spirit in the room as these powerful women bore their testimonies was incredible. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such faith. And I'm especially grateful for the power of music. We've been starting lessons with hymns...especially if a piano is nearby (Sister Ashcraft has a GORGEOUS voice). Music starts lessons off with a strong Spirit so naturally. It truly is perfection. 

3. I'm grateful that SHAY was baptized!! Minus the fact that she forgot her towel, standing behind her as she was baptized by her husband (it was his first baptism!) was a privilege. Being the first to talk with her as she walked back into the bathroom and we sopped up her hair with paper towels, was another perfect moment. She was SO happy. You could feel her happiness. One year from the 28th, that darling couple will be sealed!!!
4. I'm grateful for 3 Nephi. It is by far my favorite book in the Book of Mormon. I especially loved chapter 17 this week. Pondering the way that Christ would pray for us and the way that He would speak in those prayers has helped me so much in praying specifically for the people I love when I'm praying with them. Often, I hesitate to pray a longer prayer, or to pray specifically for their needs when it's a public prayer because so much of my heart is in those prayers and I don't want these investigators to feel overwhelmed by me haha. But, I'm learning that those very specific, individualized, and love-filled prayers, are the ones I most need to be sharing. Thank goodness I'm learning it now. 13 months later! Goodness.

5. I'm grateful that we had the chance to go out with a newbie missionary that entered the field on Tuesday. She came out with us that Tuesday night and I LOVED her pure faith and excitement for this work. She had no tainted doubts, or shattered visions. But pure, complete faith. It was an incredible reminder for me. Love that sister to pieces. I pray that I get to train after this calling.

6. I'm grateful that the BYU newspaper interviewed Sister Ashcraft and I, and my mission president last night! We've got another story hitting a newspaper. Woot woot. Success. And even though the subsequent events following Discover the Book have gotten smaller, it's okay because we are building our group Called to Share. The events will be long gone in a few weeks, but our base...Called to Share will be able to work out from here with our future ideas about spreading awareness of Family History and SO much more. Can't wait. Miracles abound on Facebook.
7. I'm grateful for my cute mom who is going street contacting at a Bart station with sister missionaries this week. She's the cutest member missionary around. LOVE her.

8. I'm grateful that I have one more day as a 20 year old. We're going to go do some rather immature things with our P-day. Well, not quite. Hopefully we think of something funny. 

9. I'm grateful for this quote: "Make no small plans - they have no magic to stir men's hearts."-Spencer W. Kimball. Don't you LOVE that? Big goals for July here we come. Can't wait to share with you all the miracles.

10. I'm grateful for the truth that God is in the details. He truly is aware of me and you all day, every day. Trust that. He has a perfect plan for each us. 
LOVE YOU ALL.

Sister Hutchins

P.s. Last FB event...Share the Book-JOIN US PLEASE =) Simply post a photo like mine and share your testimony. Invite others to message you if they'd like a copy of the Book of Mormon. Use that hashtag #sharethebook! Thank you and please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment