Monday, June 9, 2014

Craziest Week Ever (w/ pictures!)

While driving over the to library today for emailing, Sister Ashcraft and I were trying to remember what went on this week. Honestly, I've never had a crazier week in my life - haha. I can't even fathom how to begin this post. 

Our week in list form:
*We traveled the mission hitting zone meetings to give trainings. And throughout ALL that driving we were in the infamous "AP Clergy Van." I was nearly dying all week every time we drove. Missionaries in a minivan with a clergy tag. I mean part of my heart thought it was the greatest thing ever, the other part was mortified that I could even consider it great - haha. 
*Somehow we fit in two 24 hour tradeoffs in. Florida Jacksonville Mission is the best mission in the world. These sisters are gems.
*Interviews with President. These happen every four months or so. I couldn't be more grateful to serve under President Craig. He has a knack of ministering to the one that I love.

*FACEBOOK EVENT. I mean HOLY COW. Over 12,000 group members and 50,000 invited to #discoverthebook in less than 4 days!! This has been one incredible roller coaster, full of deleting anti-posts every few hours to blocking marriage proposals up the wazoo from strangers living across the world - haha. But in all seriousness, it has been incredible to watch members and missionaries jump on board. Over the past few weeks with this Called to Share group I've felt very much like I've been walking in the dark, with the faintest light ahead of me. Every time everything seems to go black and I don't know which way to go, a light flicks on in the distance and miracles pour out as we follow that revelation from God. 

*Praying constantly. One night in particular I had gotten rather discouraged about something and was praying for quite a while. Right as I mentioned something in my prayer at 11:03 pm, our phone buzzed and that prayer was answered perfectly. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and He is especially aware of this Facebook Group "Called to Share". I have been gaining the strongest testimony of how truly He is in charge of this work.

*A darling old woman we began teaching a few weeks back used to be adamant about never joining our church. Whelp, ladies and gents....she just asked us if she could come to church this Sunday. The Spirit is a powerful tool. Her heart is changing. (Yes, by the grace of God, we sometimes fit in teaching appointments....sometimes.)

*We had a meeting at President's one night with the APs that went quite longer than any of us anticipated. But at the end, Sister Craig offered the prayer, and as we knelt in prayer, I felt so at home...it was crazy. Flashbacks to family prayer in the Hutchins home all growing up. It made my heart oh so happy. 
*We ventured to St. Augustine this week and had the world's perfect companionship date. Complete with touring a gorgeous old lighthouse, eating Northern Florida's best pizza, and delicious ice cream. Slipping out of the world for those few hours and into our little perfect afternoon was divine.
*We emailed every FB mission president in the country about this Facebook event....and the very next morning missionaries were jumping on board from Tennessee and Washington DC and all sorts of places. My heart was melting with joy. We even had a member of the 70 call President asking what we've started on Facebook.

I know there is SO much more I could share and tell you all about, but for now, that's all I have in me to type. I love this work. I love being a missionary. And most of all, I love that the Lord is hastening His work ONLINE. Right now. If you haven't already....JOIN US.

p.s. I made a list of the ways you can help =)
Here's a small list of things your family can do to take part and help in this online effort!
1. Invite Facebook friends to the Group - Called to share - and to the event.....Discover the book and future events
2. Post your own picture and hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vine, etc and tag your friends and family.
3. Personally message 20 people to ask them to participate in this effort with you!
4. Share the group and 4 events in person at home wards, ward councils, and online on Facebook pages.
5. Ask for the help of those you know who are famous/well known. Think big!
6. Find a friend online who wants to learn more? Direct them to your son or daughter's profile!
7. Pray the event will find those that are looking to discover the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment