Monday, June 16, 2014

Facebook, flying chicken, party killers, oh my! (w/ pictures of course)

 This week was INCREDIBLE. Good thing I've finally caught up in my journal to record it all. 

Miracle Moment of the Week: Our Zone Leaders promised us that if we did few specific things....that'd we'd have a miracle baptism this month. Well, after doing our best at each of those things they specified, and fasting, and praying a whole LOT, a miracle occurred in the last hour of our night on Saturday. Even through all this Facebook craziness, miracles are happening in our own area! Shay, a part member, agreed to be baptized! Just three weeks ago she was telling us she wasn't ready to take the lessons and then this week she'd read clear to Mosiah in 6 days. We asked her to be baptized on the 28th and she said she'd read and pray about it. The next morning at church, she marched straight up to the bishop and asked to be baptized on the 28th. We walked up right as she started talking with him, and I nearly passed out with joy. Ammon would have passed out in that moment I am sure. God is perfect! 

Embarrassing Moment of the Week: Our mission president and his wife came to a lesson with us. We ate a delicious meal before the lesson at the investigator's house and let me tell you, this couple we are teaching are very PRIM and PROPER. It was all going fine and dandy, until somehow the chicken I was cutting flew from my plate to my Mission president's wife's lap. I nearly died laughing, but had to keep it quiet since no one had noticed but Sister Craig. She was having a hard time keeping her giggles quiet too, but she hid the chicken oh so slyly. After the lesson when we walked outside, we finally burst into the long awaited laughing. Priceless missionary life moment. 

Adventure Moment of the Week: This morning we ran away from all responsibility and went on another adventure. We went to the tallest building in Jacksonville, and took pictures on the 42nd floor. We walked around parks and made wishes in fountains. It was a perfect early birthday adventure for Sister Ashcraft. Her birthday is on Friday!
Awkward Moment of the Week: I officially am someone who walks into a room and is expected to correct obedience issues with missionaries. It is NOT my favorite thing to do. This week, Sister Ashcraft and I had to do just that, and it's crazy how instantly laughing and disobedience can stop. We're party killers. But along the way, we do our best to love them into that obedience.

Right Place, Right Time Moment of the Week: We had incredible lessons planned one morning this week, and they both fell through. We were a little bummed about it, but luckily, God reminded us that He is perfectly in control. Because those lessons fell through, we were right where we needed to be when a set of sisters needed extra love. It couldn't have been more divinely orchestrated.

FACEBOOK SUCCESS MOMENTS OF THE WEEK: Have you been waiting for these? Because I've been dying to share them. Mormon.org, Deseret News, Deseret Book, LDS Living....they've all been writing, and sharing about our event! It was on my bucket list to be quoted somewhere big....well ladies and gents - that is now crossed off!! How crazy is that!? Disover the Book reached 81,000 invites and people all over the world were sharing photo after photo of the Book of Mormon covering their faces. The Church's media department has been watching us and wondering how we so brilliantly started this group with selfies to combine members and misionaries online sharing the gospel!! Sister Ashcraft and I didn't even realize that the Book of Mormon photo over the face was a selfie - haha. When Mormon.org said that, we just laughed and laughed ourselves to sleep that night in amazement at how perfectly God does this work. We're currently struggling with invites for this second event, but we just made connections with the tight knit group of LDS admins that all work together online to share the gospel through unofficial and official pages. They've started helping us in the last 12 hours...even more miracles are coming!!! I LOVE IT. Have you joined Called to Share?? What about our second event, Search the Book?? Please please please join us. And invite everyone you can. We're flooding facebook again tomorrow! Woot woot. (By the way, all of the missionaries in our mission that I've talked to are finding investigators online through this event. It's been incredible. Sister Ashcraft and I found 5 investigators this week online alone. Miracles are ABOUNDING.)

Side Note of the Week: I'm officially telling people I'm a Family History major. Yep, said it. And I feel strangely good about it. I'll let you know what that even means in 6 months. LOVE IT.

I know with all my heart this work is led by God. Every night on my knees, I thank Heavenly Father for leading us and guiding us every step of the way. I couldn't be more grateful that this work is His and not our own. I love you all so so so much. Now, I'm going to go live up my last weeks as a youngin'. Have a lovely week!

Sister Hutchins
P.S. Not sure if this is missionary appropriate, but we were laughing so hard. I just had to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment