Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Aloha and Facebook Miralces


Aloha y'all! 
(I'll explain in a bit, hold tight)
Today is a bit of a rushed P-day because of transfers. All the new missionaries are coming in today, and Sister Ashcraft and I get to be a part of it all. LOVE IT. I just love missionaries. So today I'm going to whip out quick updates.

1. We did LOTS and LOTS of service this week. And one morning while working on a member's garden with them....Sister Ashcraft killed a snake. Cut it into 4 pieces as she was shoveling away. She basically saved my life (not literally, but felt like it.) The member's two year old son then came out and punched Sister Ashcraft for killing the snake. I've been dying laughing all week. 

2. We had a Southern Luau in our ward last week. Complete with a Sister missionary Hula performance (oh the things missionaries get roped into!) and a nice and roasted pig. Why they brought the head in on a plate, I will never know. Anyway, the night was a huge success. Aside from all the fun, investigators and less actives came. It was DELIGHTFUL. And Sister Ashcraft and I wore matching floral mu-mus. There was supposed to be a costume contest....at least that's we heard. We would have won hands down. Don't worry mom. I'll never wear that dress again in public haha.

3. I found my favorite talk on the planet this week. It's really changed my mindset about what faith truly is. Sadly, it's one of those talks that is no where to be found on lds.org and was written by a member of the 70 no one knows from years ago. I will copy it and send it home though! Anyway, it's really made my aware of what my very thoughts are the root of my faith. "Your thoughts, more than anything else, will be the determining factor in what you accomplish during you life."

4. We have been teaching a man in England via Facebook. Last night, we finally had a voice call and it made my heart SOOO happy. Hearing his accent, and finally realizing that these people we teach on Facebook are real was incredible. We've even set a baptismal date with a man living in New Jersey. Facebook miracles are abounding. LDS Living even posted this morning on their front page all about our events, reminding people to post. I LOVE it. To take my #livethebook photo, Sister Ashcraft and I had to venture across a few busy freeway on ramps. Don't worry, it was well worth it =) Sister Ashcraft has been wanting a photo standing there for months. Mission accomplished.

5. We were teaching Shay the Plan of Salvation this week, and when we went to explain how her family could be forever because of temples...she stopped us and said, "Oh don't worry, I'm already looking forward to our sealing in a year." My jaw definitely dropped. Normal investigators have NO clue what the temple is. Shay is the most on top of it, faithful, powerful woman. I love it. Can't wait for her baptism on Saturday

LOVE YOU ALL. POST ON FACEBOOK THIS WEEK WITH #LIVETHEBOOK.

Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment