Monday, June 2, 2014

Facebook Enigmas and Needing Help from YOU [yes you!] (w/ very cute pictures!!)

Oh do I have one crazy story to tell y'all. I hope you're ready for one of the craziest, hardest, and best weeks of my mission.

It all began on Wednesday at our Mission Leadership Council (MLC). My Mission President had asked my companion and I to give a training on how to be effective on Facebook. After we gave our 45 minute training that we had prayed, fasted, and prepared for....President Craig pulled my companion and I aside during lunch and asked for more. He wanted us to break down the walls our mission had been limiting ourselves with. My stomach dropped...we didn't have anything else to share...or so we thought. When we stood up there after lunch, the strongest Spirit filled the room. For an hour, the leaders of the Florida Jacksonville M mission bounced ideas back and forth. And over and over again, I felt like I had to tell them to think bigger. Go further. We all felt that something big was coming, but when President pointed at Sister Ashcraft and I and asked US to head whatever this bigger and better ENIGMA was...my stomach dropped all over again in the midst of all the excitement.

The last five days have been a whirl of praying, meeting with the APs and President, brainstorming, scribbling on whiteboards on my knees at midnight, fasting, and laughing at our new found obsession. I've never had something consume my thoughts so much. The Spirit in that MLC reminds me every morning that this is even bigger than I can fathom. We're not giving out all the details on this viral Book of Mormon project just yet because when this hits, we want it to hit the mission, the members, and the rest of world all at once and roll out from there. But details will be coming next week and you can bet your bottom dollar we are going to need each and every one of your help. So, at this very moment...consider yourself recruited. You've been called to serve a Facebook mission for the next month. And if this is going to be viral...we need all the help we can get.  We've got a list of specific ways our families and friends can get involved that will be coming out in the next week. Oh my goodness-I almost can't contain my excitement. This is going to be SO good. 

In Mosiah 2:8, King Benjamin had to do more than merely speak his words on the tower...but he had to write them to reach everyone. In our day, we can't just touch enough people face to face anymore. We have to use technology to reach anyone and everyone around the world. And we're going to start testing those waters as Facebook Missionaries starting here and now. OH MY WORD-I love my life. I love this work. I love answered prayers. And how guided by God every ounce of this work is. 

When you see an event on Facebook go up that's titled something like "Called to Share the Power" jump in. I can promise you, we need you. Sharing what you love the most really is the best work in the world. 

Sister Hutchins

p.s. If you wanted to know what I want for my birthday....I want your help in this viral Book of Mormon project. Nothing would make my heart happier. 

p.p.s. You know that feeling when you are exactly where you are supposed to be? Not just kind of there, but EXACTLY there? That's what I felt fill my heart this morning as I washed dishes and prayed for more guidance. Life is WONDERFUL. 


p.p.p.s. My new address is 3900 Oldfield Crossing #613, Jacksonville, FL 32223.
 MLC Sister Training Leaders....we were missing a few. 1000 souls is our goal for baptisms for this year. We're oh so excited and committed to it. We'd love and appreciate your prayers =)
 I heart Sister Jensen and Sister Phelon.
 By the grace of God, my darling MTC companion and I went on a trade off the on our year mark...it was LOVELY. 
My ward's MASS of missionaries=)

No comments:

Post a Comment