Monday, December 2, 2013

Hello "Real" World!!

Hello Dear World!

Have I told you that when I talk about my life back home I refer to it as the "real world?" My companion just rolls her eyes and keeps asking me when I'm going to realize I'm in the real world haha. But I swear, this style of life is not quite real. It's divine.
I've got a random list of things to share today. Hope it's not too scattered.

1. We're kind of teaching a Muslim family. But only kind of. The family isn't too interested, but the father is. After literally FORCE FEEDING us more delicious food than I have ever consumed at one time (it's been a week and I'm still full) the husband/father walked us out to our car in the rain and said, "I love Jesus Christ. Please keep coming back and trying. We'll soften their hearts over time." My jaw almost hit the pavement. This man kept referring to us as angels. I'm still so grateful we chose to knock doors in his neighborhood. Even if it takes years for his family to open up to the gospel.

2. I've decided that the scriptures are like journals written by men of God. If we truly are recording our spiritual experiences in our personal journals...those entries become personal scriptures for us. I've found so much guidance in reading back over my journals and in writing in them each night. Please please please tell me you all have journals. I love them.

3. I have had SO many experiences on my mission that always stun me. I've probably said, "Whelp, I never saw that happening on my mission" 12 million times. But here's the strangest one yet. Yesterday, I carried an investigator's Hispanic, hemmoraging grandmother to our car and raced her to the hospital. Yes, I know that broke mission rules. No, I do not care. And yes, I'm definitely grateful that part of mission routine is working out in the morning. Usually we're saving souls. Occasionally, we're saving lives. Thank goodness God places us in specific places for a reason.

4. I had another epiphany moment during our Fast and Testimony meeting yesterday. If I leave nothing else on this earth when I die, I want to leave my testimony of Jesus Christ. Thank goodness I have all this precious time to share with everyone I meet my witness and sure knowledge that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I really do have the best job in the world. 

5. NELL CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY. The most darling 35 year old blind, less active member came to church. I am still doing happy dances. We've been meeting with her for a while now. She said she'd come once, but ONLY once. By the end of Fast and Testimony meeting she was apologizing for having to leave before Sunday School and promising to stay longer NEXT TIME. I do believe EVERY single testimony shared that morning was shared specifically for her. Oh how grateful I am for the spirit witnessing to her that church is where she needs to be after 14 years of not going. I LOVE IT.
And I love you! Have an incredible week. And Smile! Someone sacrificed Himself for your happiness.

Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment