Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy (almost) Christmas [w/ pictures!!]

Happy Christmas darling family and friends!

Do y'all wanna hear the cutest Christmas story in the world? Of course you do! So our apartments have been under construction recently. The past two weeks they've been painting like crazy and one of these painters is our good buddy. I don't quite recall how we all became such good friends, but we absolutely adore Ron. After a week or two of just talking as we walked in and out of our apartment, he told us he felt God was telling him he should talk to us. (Good sign right?) The next day we left Christmas sugar cookies on his car with a note. The next day, he left a poinsettia on our doorstep (NEVER have flowers made my heart melt more than at that moment). And then the day following that we asked him if he wanted to hear our message about Jesus Christ. His response was my favorite. "Well, thank you. I've been waiting for that invitation." Now isn't that the best kind of missionary work? Friendship established first, a dash of service, bring in a dose of Christmas cheer, and then BAM start teaching! I LOVE IT. And I love Ron. And I love how happy everyone is at Christmas time. 

Here's my short and sweet Christmas message for you! Never have I felt so privileged to be out serving a mission as I have during this lovely season. As everyone is turning to our Savior as we celebrate His birth, I have felt such gratitude to be serving Him this Christmas. There really is nothing better I could be doing. I hope you each have a magical Christmas. And I pray you'll ponder what you are giving back to your Savior this wonderful time of year. I love you all and am praying like crazy for you. Happy Christmas!

Sister Hutchins

p.s. This week my companion and I are determined to find a family of four that want to go to the temple. We're excited. Throw in a few extra prayers for us. We know that lovely family is out there - and we are going to be led to their door. 

 My lovely MTC district....6 months later at your mission-wide Christmas =) Love them. Can't believe it's been so long!
 The darling and incredible Sister Craig. I love our mission mom! And of course the lovely Sister Hibpshman =)
I LOVE MY NEW SKIRTS. I mean, don't you want to read the Book of Mormon now? And thanks for the decorations!!! Our apartment is oh so homey!

No comments:

Post a Comment