Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Ahhh I do believe I'm a tad dorkier than your average missionary, but please love me through it. I love New Year goals! Sadly, my goals from last year were a bit of a stretch with deciding to go on a mission. BUT my theme that I had picked for the year matched beautifully with my 2013 experience. My theme had been:
"I want my life to radiate what happens when God has a person's heart at His full control, when every event or circumstance is simply another avenue to know Him better and show forth His glory."-Elbie Harris
From Jerusalem to coming on a mission, I have truly learned how to give Heavenly Father more of my heart. I've got a long way to go, but this year really did help me become closer to who I want to be. I love it. Have you set some lovely new goals for 2014? You really really should. Think about it, you have a limited amount of New Years left-make it worth it =)

GUESS WHAT? Last week we decided that we were going to find a family of four that wanted to go to the temple. WE FOUND 'EM. Oh the joy the gospel brings. The father is Italian and very family oriented, and the mother is Filipino and darling. With faith and specific prayers, I have been learning how much Heavenly Father really does answer us. It just brings me so much happiness. This week we are praying to find someone who we can find, teach, and baptize in three weeks. How incredible would it be to watch someone transform so quickly with the gospel!? 
CHRISTMAS WAS LOVELY. We went to breakfast with an investigator. Dropped off Peppermint kisses to a less active sister in the hospital. Gave a gift to a less active sister who told us she finally believes the Book of Mormon is true! Ate Christmas lunch with darling Robin and her family who is getting baptized in January. Raced to eat Christmas dinner with a Muslim family (that sentence cracks me up). And ended the evening at a member's home to Skype our families. It was truly a wonderful day. (So sorry for the fragment sentences!)
I love you all. I love this gospel. Enjoy the random pictures =)

Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment