Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Off to Jacksonville!!

Y'all ready for this? My little Southern self is being sent to the heart of Jacksonville tomorrow in Timuquana! Goodbye Southern small town ...Hello city. I am so excited. Good thing I bought a Georgia t-shirt last week because it's off to Florida tomorrow. Life is crazy. 

Favorite Quotes of the Week:
1. Strange man: "I mean no offense, but y'all look like a couple of church church girls." Sometimes people say things to us and I want to say something sarcastic back. This was one of those moments. Luckily I held it together and explained our role as missionaries.
2. Crazy Rachel looking about my family picture: "Your momma looks like Julia Roberts. Just look at that look in her eye." Rachel is officially in love with you madre. And she has decided she and I are sisters...regardless of the age difference. Rachel is one of the few people I can just feel that I knew before this life. Oh how I love that feeling. 
3. 60 year old husband of a woman we are teaching: "My name's Howard. But since high school everyone's called me Bo-Dilly." Kid you not. I have never had to pray so hard to not laugh out right in that man's face. We're still laughing about this.
4. President Craig: "All of the elders have unanimously agreed to give up their cars to the sisters in the mission." Oh how in debt we are to our elders. Such a humbling moment...especially because I wasn't supposed to have a car starting tomorrow.
5. Less-active woman in our ward who's address has been wrong for years so she hasn't been visited in who knows how long: "You have no idea how much of an answer to prayer y'all are today of all days." Sometimes I feel as if I am not even doing this work at all. God is directly answering these people's prayers and I am just so grateful to be apart of it. 
6. Beehive after our missionary work lesson to the YW: "I was talking to my friend about the gospel and he said..." Nothing makes me happier than when members get involved...and when they are darling 12 year olds....it's somehow even more inspiring.
6. Alma 26:35..."There were never men that had so great reason to rejoice as we since the world began..." That entire verse is my theme for this coming transfer. LOVE IT.
7. Sister Richardson: "Are you so nervous for transfers?" I'm thoroughly surprised by this fact, but I'm not nervous. To some extent, of course I am....but for the first time I'm realizing what true trust in Heavenly Father is. I know that He has led me life, and I fully trust that He will lead me there, no matter the struggles I have white washing. It has been oh so lovely to develop this deeper faith in my purpose here out on my mission. I am so grateful for the strength the Spirit provides in my life all day, everyday.

I love you all. And I love this work. I truly am so incredibly grateful to be out on a mission. 

Sister Hutchins

 So very Georgian, don't you think?

 Just hanging out with the fabulous young women. Love this girl!!
Darling Sister Angel the perfect ward missionary and my second mother

No comments:

Post a Comment