Monday, September 9, 2013

Y'all have a blessed day from Timuguana (with more pictures!! :) )

Hello from Timuquana!

Okay so I lied in my last email! I had been told Timuquana was the center of the city. That was a bit of a lie. Now that I am here, let me fill you in. Timuquana is just part of the very spread out city of Jacksonville. It's definitely busy city life, but we aren't around tall buildings or anything. It has been quite fun to be back in a place with lots of people. Feels a little bit more like home. The Southern accents seemed to disappear as you enter Jacksonville too.

The past few days have been a whole different kind of mission for me. White washing is intense and takes a lot of patience, but it has been great. My darling new trainee, Sister Hibpshman, is oh so positive and ready to work. We've definitely had to keep each other going as we haven't found anyone to teach yet here, but we will keep trying. God has prepared people here....we can feel it. Miracles are coming. During my personal study this morning, everywhere I turned in the scriptures seemed to say, "Trust in the Lord." And that is just what we are going to do this week. Tomorrow we are fasting to be able to better feel that God is guiding us in every aspect of our work. I can't wait to share the miracles next week. And if y'all want to pray a little extra for us tomorrow, we would be forever grateful.

And of course, I have a few fun side notes to share...
1. I have gotten to the point where I kill cockroaches with my bare feet. Part of me thinks that is really just awesome, the other half is horrified. Good thing Sister Hibpshman and I have learned to laugh really hard at this. 
2. Lucky Charms are our new best friend. I've consumed more Lucky Charms this week than I will ever be able to admit. Empty cupboards + emergency shopping on Wednesday night = absolutely no food of true substance in our new kitchen.
3. While at a member's home, we were flipping through an ensign during our lesson. When I saw the little snippet about our Jerusalem study abroad watching conference on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, I could have cried I got so excited. It astounds me that I had the privilege to meet so many amazing people and experience the life of Christ so vividly. It truly is such a blessing.

Y'all have a blessed day (officially my favorite Southern phrase).

Love, 
Sister Hutchins

ps. New Address: 6870 103rd Street Apt# 109
Jacksonville, FL 32210

 Saying goodbye to Grace's cute kids-Nima and Keyo. 
 Sister Deanna Hibpshman-my lovely new companion from Colorado straight from the MTC. 
 Epitome of my relationship with Sister Richardson. Oh how I love this incredible missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment