Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello Real World

Hello Real World!

Maybe that sounds strange, but it's true. I find myself saying, "Well in the real world, I listen to.....and do....." It's pretty funny. Mission life is almost a completely separate reality. A great one, but a very different one. This week, I want to just write about a few purely perfect moments because they truly are my favorite and I love recognizing them.

Perfect Moment #1: We went on trade offs this week with our Sister Training Leaders. In other words, my old trainer and dear mission mother, Sister Wood, and I had a sleepover. Oh how I love that darling girl. She taught me more than I will ever realize. After daily planning we sat in the middle of the floor eating cookie dough ice cream and sharing all the things we had learned on the transfers we had been about. It was lovely.

Perfect Moment #2: I decided I've been too easy on people that we talk to about the gospel. One sign of hesitancy and I don't want to push them....so I just tell them to have a great day. This week, I decided to try being a bit more forward, which nearly gave me a panic attack, but it also has been incredible. If I push against my comfort zone a bit and just jump immediately into testifying to people about this wonderful gospel, the spirit will soften their hearts and literally open doors. So instead of walking away from Jonathon when I normally would have, I asked him one more question. "Well, are you completely happy? Because this gospel is the center of my happiness." He let us come back and is now investigating the church. Oh how I love setting goals and being able to see the marvelous blessings that come from trusting in the Lord.

Perfect Moment #3: Belting along to "I Can Go the Distance" with three other sister missionaries on the way to the library this morning to email. Disney mixes from the darling Jaclyn Michele are the best soundtracks to P-days.

Perfect Moment #4: This week it suddenly hit me how far we've come since starting this transfer white washing. We have investigators, less active members we are bringing back to church, and members to serve. It was definitely a happy dance moment.

Perfect Moment #5: We walked up to a family doing yard work this week...asked to help...and were then weeding in skirts, talking about the Book of Mormon with them. It's a pretty lovely picture. The family we met is golden. Can't wait to hear about their experience reading the Book of Mormon.

Perfect Moment #6: I'm a facebook missionary! Woot woot! Here's the gist of it:  My profile is Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. You can add me as a friend, but we can't really talk on facebook...unless it's something to do with missionary work. Like you could give me a referral of someone I should message and share the gospel with or you can comment/like/post things on my profile as long as it's not talking about home and adds to its visibility/gospel conversation. I'm already seeing miracles through facebook. It's pretty stunning-so add me. I'd love to be your friend.

Perfect Moment #7: I taught our Gospel Study class this Wednesday night and it hit me finally that I enjoy teaching. Kind of a freaky realization. It no longer stresses me out. I love doing it.

This week truly has been lovely. From a perfect package from my fam bam to finding more people to teach, I am one happy girl. This work is incredible and I feel so blessed to be apart of it. I love you all.

Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment