Monday, August 26, 2013

New Lessons Learned (& New PICTURES!!)

Hey Y'all!

I have to confess...I'm starting to slip into a Southern drawl. I was always joking before...now I'm actually serious. It's only in response to the people with really hard core drawls, but it's beginning. I'm a tad self-conscious, but that's alright.

Oh, I have news! Both Sister Richardson and I are training next week! They are keeping Sister Richardson where she is, so I will be leaving and "white washing" in missionary terms. White washing is opening up a new area that has never had sisters before. Missionaries always fear the transfer they will have to white wash, but with a new zone opening up in our mission, lots are having to face those fears. Party. Let the nervous excitement begin. I will officially let y'all know where I'm headed next Tuesday (P-days are on Tuesdays during transfer weeks).

Alright, are y'all ready for my lessons learned this week? This is the best way I can sum up this week simply!

Lesson #1: Thunder in the South sometimes sounds like bombs are exploding. Storms in California are so wimpy. I never knew. 

Lesson #2: Sometimes when your companion gets really sick and you race to CVS early in the morning with soaking wet hair to get a thermometer and check that you don't need to go the ER...all you really can do is buy a diet pepsi with that thermometer and drink it at 8 in the morning. 

Lesson #3: Scripture Study Journals are the best thing in the world. If there was a fire and I could only grab one thing, I'd choose that. (Well and my scriptures and my regular journals, but seriously-It's true love.)

Lesson #4:God truly is in control. Grace was supposed to get baptized this Sunday. We had the programs done, interview complete, desserts made, talks coordinated, musical number prepared, and then on Sunday morning everything fell through. It was definitely a hard moment to sit there are process that we weren't quite there yet. We prayed to feel at peace with God's timing and then went on to have one of the best Sabbath days of my mission. Sometimes, we have to realize our plans are not His. Grace is so close, just not quite. All we need is a little more faith on our part and on hers. 

Lesson #5: With Sister Richardson being sick, I've had some time to truly study my scriptures and let me tell you, I have such a strong testimony of how the scriptures can answer our questions. Our mission president asked us start teaching with four simple steps. I love them. You start out with prayer, with that specific question in mind. Then you read, write our the answer you receive, and then pray for confirmation of your answer. I don't know how something so incredibly simple, could be so powerful, but I have found answers and felt such strong guidance in my life. It is wonderful. 

Lesson #6: SISTER RICHARDSON IS FEELING BETTER. HALLELUJAH. So happy she is feeling healthy again. I adore this girl.

I love you all. And I hope you are all so so so happy. I reach my three month mark this week. How insane is that? Have a wonderful week!

Sister Hutchins
  St. Mary's pier and delicious cookie dough ice cream...what a lovely P-day.
 Thanks parentals for the Power of the Everyday Missionary books! Only have 7 left to give. LOVE IT. 
Epitome of Southern Cuisine. Delicious. 
Darling Sister Richardson just anticipating her lovely fried chicken. 

My lovely zone. 27 new sisters coming to the mission next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment