Monday, August 5, 2013

"In there like swimwear" and other Southern tales

Hey y'all,

This is going to be a rather short today! It is darling Sister Richardson's 21st birthday and we have fun plans that we are racing off to in just a little bit. I love celebrating birthdays on the mission. Well, I just love celebrating birthdays in general. Shout out to my Pops and Jaclyn Michele by the way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Can't wait to celebrate in (quite) a few months.
Can I just rant for a bit about how much I absolutely love prayer? There is something incredible about hearing people pray for the first time. I love being able to explain to people that they have a Heavenly Father that wants to listen and answer them. I also love being able to pray for people during our lessons when they aren't the ones saying the prayers. We went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders this past week and darling Sister Ashcraft asked every person we saw before we prayed with them what she could pray for specifically for them. She is wonderful and as I've started to do that, the spirit has been so much stronger as I can pray for exactly what these investigators and members are most in need of right in front of them. Dramatic, but darling Rachel grabbed my hand last night and thanked me for praying for her just as we were about to leave after the prayer. We are just so ready for her to realize that this feeling she is feeling and the happiness she is finding is directly from God. Sometime soon though...we can feel it.

Alright, I love you all so much. And really couldn't be more grateful for the prayers and love I feel from all of you. Fun side note: Georgia peaches (peach cider too!) and pecans (pronounced P-cans) are actually delicious. You should all road trip back here with me in the future. Have a wonderful week.
Love you forever and ever, 
Sister Hutchins
Southern Phrase for the week: "In there like swimwear."

No comments:

Post a Comment