Sunday, July 28, 2013

Happy Dances, Sister Richardson, and Being a Trainer

Hey Y'all,

Can I just tell you all how much I love mission life? It just gets better and better with every passing week. I could almost tear up about it right now as I'm typing I am so happy. My happiest moment of the week was actually just a phone call. A woman walked into the church about a month ago and asked the bishop how she could learn more. He gave her our number and got her number as well. Long story short, we have been calling for weeks. She's always at work, or on vacation, and the few times she has answered she always says she will call us back. We were about to give up contacting her, but I just knew we had to try one last time. So yesterday my darling new companion and trainee, Sister Richardson, took the lead and called. And guess what? WE HAVE A TEACHING APPOINTMENT WITH SHARON THIS TUESDAY. I just could do so many happy dances about that. What kind of woman is bold enough to just walk into a church building and almost demand that she learn more from the bishop? I will have to keep y'all posted next week.

OH AND GUESS WHAT? I actually knew my trainee before meeting her on the day of transfers!! Is that crazy or what? Sister Richardson is one of my best friend's, Jen Joslin, old college roommate. When I was in England, she came to visit Jen and I got to meet her. How great is that? Anyway, I could not have been blessed with a better trainee. She is so on top of it and ready to work. I feel like I haven't taught her a thing...she is teaching me! I feel so blessed and I know that we are both here together for a reason. I know this is going to sound weird, but I officially feel like a missionary. You know how sometimes it takes a little while to realize you are a year older and actually say that age? Well, that has been happening with my mission. It's now natural to bring up the gospel with everyone I meet. It's natural to say that my name is Sister Hutchins and not Jenessa. The routine now seems like an easy thing to do. I love it oh so much. As it's all been becoming more and more normal, I have just become more and more grateful to be a missionary. As I've been helping others draw closer to Christ, they've been helping me draw closer as well. It has been an incredible thing to be apart of.
Oh and here are a few quality side notes for y'all:
1. My newest pet peeve is smeared writing in my copy of Preach My Gospel. It is driving me insane.
2. It's my mission two month anniversary today. Party. Sister Richardson and I are celebrating by going to Chick-Fil-A. Basically because we've been craving it like crazy. And after moving for hours and hours this week, we feel we deserve it haha.
3. New Southern Catch Phrase: "I'm down like four flat tires." (Aka when you are in agreement with someone else about doing something.)
4. Favorite thing to say currently before walking into an intimidating situation or before any teaching appointment: "GATOR DONE." Oh y'all are just going to laugh so hard at me when I get home. Can't wait.
5. New address: 1028 Park Place, St. Mary's GA, 31558
(Such a blessing to have moved. Our apartment is lovely. Shout out to all the darling ward members who helped.)
6. If I have any advice for the week it is this: go read "The Power of the Everyday Missionary." by Clayton Christensen. It is absolutely incredible and changes you perspective on missionary work completely. You will love it. Though mission rules are pretty strict about what we read, our mission president has okayed it with our Area 70 to read this. And now he has in turn asked every bishop and stake president to read it as well. Ladies and Gents-GO READ IT. 
I LOVE YOU ALL. SO SO SO MUCH. See you in 16 months.

Sister Hutchins
 The question of the day was "What do you need to throw away?" Sister Wood and I died laughing. Clearly someone knew we needed to throw out that demolished watermelon.

Goodbye darling Sister Wood. I heart my mission madre.
 End of the transfer District picture. SO excited that we are getting another set of sisters in our district to even out the scene.
My new companion Sister Richardson! My MTC companion and I are training sisters who were MTC companions as well. We thought it was pretty darn cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment