Monday, July 15, 2013

Howdy Y'all

Howdy Y'all. (Okay you're right...too far.)

[Re-do]

Hey Y'all,

I hope life has been treating you all so incredibly well. I have news to share that made my jaw drop farther than it ever has. Near unhinging actually. I've been called to train this coming transfer. Usually the training program is 12 weeks long, but my mission president called and he has asked some of the 6 week sisters to stop and start training. It is intimidating that is for sure, but thankfully, this weight isn't solely on me. With the spirit to rely on, somehow this will all work out. I don't think I've stopped praying since I got that phone call.
 
I have a mission mantra that I don't think I've shared with y'all yet. I stole President Hinckley's and then added a twist if that is allowed. "Forget yourself and go to work, loving one by one." Ahhh I love it so much. And it has truly been such a blessing to constantly remind myself of my purpose. I talk with so many people every single day. Some people are receptive, some are not. But I know with all my heart, that every single one is a child of God and has so much worth. I love that and as a missionary, I have been able to feel the divine love Heavenly Father has for each and every person I talk to. As I have forgotten myself and truly tried to dedicate every thought and every action to helping others come to Christ, I have really never been happier.

Miracles on P-day are truly my favorite. Last week, we went to a recent convert's Sweet 16. And oh my word, we were reminded of the awkwardness of teenage years. (I love that I get to say that now that I'm 20 haha). Anyway, while there we started talking with the mother's friend and out of no where, Shanda just started telling us all the good experiences she has had with the Mormons she knows. And suddenly right then and there, with Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow playing in the background, Sister Wood and I were teaching her the first lesson. It was incredible. She is so ready to receive the gospel. I am so excited for her.

Another day this week we were doing service for our ward mission leader. He has a giant garden and we went over to pick string beans. Within 20 minutes, the pouring rain stopped us, but Brother Adams decided we should go talk to his neighbor who he thought could be interested in the gospel. One hour later we were walking out of her home having taught the first three lessons.. It was that same kind of awe-inspired feeling we felt after teaching Shanda. So many people are looking for peace and answers and God....and here I have such a privilege to be ready to share that happiness at any moment. I am so grateful for that.

All right, ladies and gents that's all the time I have today, love you all. And remember-love, peace, and chicken grease.

Sister Hutchins

p.s. I have a confession...When my companion is in the shower, I listen to Christmas music. It's July. So I'm right on time.

p.p.s. This week we went to go visit a less active member and he had written on his glass door in black marker, "Dear Mormons, Do not knock on my door. Do not ring my door bell. Thanks." That, plus the large barking dog had us turning around pretty darn quickly. And yes, laughing hysterically. Not sure if that was the proper reaction, but that's what came out of us.

p.p.p.s. I mowed my first lawn this week. After years of being the weeder in the family, I finally stepped it up. I am much too proud of myself for that.

p.p.p.p.s. Challenge for the week....go make a mormon.org profile. They are incredibly powerful and so helpful for sharing the gospel. Who knows, I may just read it and share your testimony with one of my investigators. So seriously-go do it. I will love you even more if that is possible =)

p.p.p.p.p.s. 2 dinners in one night is more painful that Thanksgiving. Oh my word....Hoping that never happens again. I LOVE YOU. Too many p.s.'s? Impossible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment