Monday, August 25, 2014

Loving Life and the Mission

It finally hit me this week, that at some point my mission will end. It was a rather painful moment to actually grasp that this incredible opportunity to serve my Savior with every bit of my day....doesn't last forever. And that somehow, I am actually one of the "seasoned missionaries" now. But I think this realization was actually a blessing because a renewed passion for this work followed immediately after it. Now I see that I have got to kick it into gear and utilize every second I have left. This mission has been one of the most precious gifts I have been given-18 months to fully dedicate all of my time to my Savior. I remember my Stake President mentioning that as I sat in the art gallery of the Jerusalem Center on of the only phones during an interview. I didn't quite understand it then, but now I do. Hallelujah for the next 2 and half transfers.

I love everything about a mission. I love the INCREDIBLE members who go above and beyond to make you feel loved by surprising you with a homemade meal (especially when Shay hasn't cooked a meal in two years!! Goodness-I'm obsessed with her and her family). I love when a less active 20 year old agrees to sing in a musical number...so he comes to church to practice in his earrings, tattoos, and slightly inappropriate t-shirt. I love when I can end the day feeling like I did my absolute best to talk with everyone I saw that day, regardless of the crazy things people tell me (Example A: "I am the Lord, sweetheart." WHAT do you say to that?). I love walking into church on Sunday, and knowing the names and life-stories of all the ward members sitting in the pews and LOVING them to death. I love conversations late into the night with my companion about how we are going to reach our baptism goals. I love those nights that I somehow have the energy to stay awake and really pray/receive answers from my Father in Heaven. I love posting things on the I Follow Him page and seeing hundreds of people spend their time liking and commenting on GOSPEL-centered media. I love carrying cute notecards in my purse (thanks madre) everywhere I go for those perfect moments when someone needs a few words written down for them to feel loved. I love testifying of the many promised blessings that come from living the commandments and feeling the person across the room start to understand how true that is through the Spirit.

I JUST LOVE THIS LIFE. SO SO SO MUCH. When I say I feel like I am the most blessed missionary around, I truly feel that way. Life is oh so good. If you haven't had a chance, watch Elder Bednar's Social Media #sharinggoodness devotional. We're giving a training on it this week at Mission Leadership Council. CAN'T WAIT.

Love,
Sister Hutchins
 Shay's scrumptious dinner
 Mandarin Zone!!
 #ifollowhim
 10,000 participated!!
Darling Sister Bowers birthday P-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment