Monday, February 3, 2014

Who's-its and What-it's Galore (w/ Nessa's favorite picture EVER)

I don't even know how to describe this week. I'm just going to send some brief who's-its and what's-its and y'all can just laugh at me.

1. This is my FAVORITE picture in the whole world. Just picture this....being a little sister missionary in an ER in Gainesville with your Ward Mission Leader as your doctor. OH GOODNESS. Luckily enough, with some medicine-I am all in the clear. Being sick as a missionary is the pits as my madre would say.

2. Remember Brannon who just got baptized?? We started teaching his mama! And she has agreed to be baptized as well. There is nothing like teaching a 40 year old woman and then her son just starts bearing his testimony to her in the middle of the lesson. The spirit in that room was incredible. I love families accepting the gospel all together!!!

3. I've found my theme for 2014. There's a talk titled "Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister (aka one of my absolute favorites) and it has changed my whole perspective. I want nothing more than to be a consecrated missionary. Hallelujah for a dear friend who sent me that talk. It was a direct answer to prayer.

4. Macy is getting baptized this Thursday! She's the daughter of a less active mom we've been working with. As we've been teaching her daughter it's been incredible to see the mom remember her testimony and begin growing as well! These children are just being examples to their parents every where we go in Lake Butler. I LOVE IT.

5. JULIANN IS HAVING A BABY ANY DAY NOW. Just as a fun side note. It makes me do a little happy dance every time I think about it.

6. I was going to wait til I hit number 8, but we're running out of time. I HIT MY 8 MONTH MARK. Which means my 9 month mark is next...which means I'm almost HALF WAY. Holy cow, I have a whole lot more I need to learn and do. SIde note: There is no February 29th this year...so my half way point doesn't really exist. Strange.

7. I love missionary work with all my heart. It's the hardest, most exhausting work in the world. But strangely enough, at the end of each day, I'm happier than I ever have been and more and more confident that I am exactly where God needs me to be. I love giving everything I have to my Savior.

8. I LOVE YOU ALL. HAVE A MARVELOUS FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY.

No comments:

Post a Comment