Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Faith, Fuzzy Socks, and Miracles

Do you ever feel like I'm the happiest, dorkiest missionary around? I sure do hope so. Because that's the most true statement. I'm literally one of those crazy missionaries that when the alarm goes off, I'm happy to get up and pray and exercise. Fingers crossed my new companion doesn't get too annoyed with me come transfers tomorrow! Anyway, let me tell you why I'm OH so happy ALL the time!

1. We've started teaching a family. Of 7. Yep, you read that right. It's been a long time coming, but the miracles have started rolling out this week. We've taught them 4 days out of the week. I have literally never been a part of a more spiritual teaching experience than the lessons we have with them. The parents and one of the daughters have baptismal dates. And do you want to know how this miracle all came to be? Because the bishop and his family began praying for missionary experiences. MEMBER missionary work is truly the only way to do missionary work. Imagine a lesson with an incredibly prepared family with the bishop and his family adding their testimony in as well? BEST THING EVER. How could I not be overflowing with happiness?

2. I have had the AMAZING blessing and privilege of having Sister Call by my side for 42 days. Within these 6 weeks, Sister Call has without a doubt become one of my best friends. She's my favorite. And I officially have started talking like her. This ward is getting a kick out of it.

3. The letters I got this week were direct answers to prayer. I don't think people writing from home realize the worth of a letter and the impact it can have on missionaries...or at least on me. Thanks for the love and for listening to the spirit.

4. I got to play the piano a whole LOT this week. This rather large, active ward.....had no pianists for, not one, but TWO funerals, Sacrament meeting, and Relief Society.

5. Though Florida is much more FROZEN than anyone ever cared to share with me before I got here, Sister Call and I have found a solution. Fuzzy socks that we tuck our sweats into at night. LOVE IT. Dork alert. 
6. My blog is opening more doors to teaching opportunities not just in Africa...but in LAKE BUTLER. Even better-people we can teach in person =) By the way, if any of you would want to pin this attached picture on pinterest with a link to my blog (whenyoubelieveingod.blogspot.com ) I would be FOREVER grateful. A gem of a recent convert in New York made it for my blog. 
7. MY NEPHEW, HUGH STEPHEN MUNSON, WAS BORN ON VALENTINE'S DAY. BEST DAY EVER. Can't wait to meet the little guy. 
8. Something clicked this week. I'm finally grasping what faith is and it is my favorite thing in the whole world. Miracles are literally abounding. Not because of some huge change in our missionary work, but because I finally full-heartedly believe miracles will happen each day. And they do. I love it. And I love you. Faith is the best thing in the world.

Love, Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment