Monday, February 10, 2014

Missionary Life = A Happy Groundhog Day (w/ such cute pictures!!)

Happy Groundhog Day! A week late!! Sometimes, I feel like my life is on repeat every P-day when I sit down at the library computers to send out emails to family and friends. I still can't decide if I hate or love that movie. ANYWAY....


This week was incredible and exhausting! Two 24 hour trade offs, a zone conference, a BAPTISM, a sick companion, and all sorts of other things all piled into 7 days. Sometimes I wonder how we get everything done. Thank you Heavenly Father. I've randomly decided to go on rather detailed explanation of trade-offs because I LOVE them. Ready? 
So each transfer as Sister Training Leaders we go on 24 hour trade offs with each set of sisters in our zone. Basically we switch companions for a day and a night and it's all sorts of great. The night before we trade off, Sister Call and I pray about which sister we are both meant to go with and what area we are supposed to be in-aka who is serving in which area for those 24 hours. And without fail, the spirit guides us in that decision and off we go.

Our whole purpose as STLs is to lead, lift, and love these darling missionaries. So for 24 hours, I am praying all day for help in what Heavenly Father needs me to be saying and doing to best help these sisters. I can't quite express to you how much I adore trade offs. Nothing is more spiritually strengthening and draining all at once. If there's one thing I know, it's this: God loves His sister missionaries. He guides me so clearly on these trade offs. He'll prompt me to ask a question about something I wouldn't even guess could be a struggle for a sister and suddenly she's opening up and asking for help. He'll prompt me a little extra in relation to missionary work and miracles just pour out in our work. Sisters always feel like they learn so much from us, and I always have to stop them and say, "WHOA. Can I just tell you how much YOU have taught me?"

I feel so BLESSED to go out with these INCREDIBLE missionaries and learn from their examples. I feel like it's all so backwards. I'm supposed to be leading them and I just walk away stunned at how much God can answer their prayers and mine all at once. There's something spectacular about God being able to work through us. I'm so grateful for this chance I have to be serving in this capacity. I'm learning SO much more about how to rely on the Spirit.

I LOVE YOU. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. 
p.s. Dear Vineyard 5th ward in Orem, Utah: I don't know who you are or how you know me, but THANK YOU for the lovely Plan of Salvation kit. I've always wanted one. I seriously am stunned to have had some random ward answer that little prayer.

p.p.s. I've started teaching a few people in Kenya of all places over Facebook. All because of my blog!! Who knew?! I love it. Miracles happen...even over the internet!

p.p.p.s. Sister Call got a training call. I'm sinking into a mini depression at the thought of her leaving me. She's going to Timuquana-BEST PLACE EVER remember? Second to Lake Butler ahem. So heads up- Pday is on Tuesday next week fam bam!
p.p.p.p.s. 9 year old MACY got baptized!!!! Woot woot. And even more of her less active family has been coming to church recently because of it. It's seriously inspiring to see how one child can bless a family.

p.p.p.p.p.s. We are teaching that family of 7 tonight officially at the Bishop's house. BEST FAMILY HOME EVENING EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment