Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Dances and Lovely Stories

Oh my word. You know those truly lovely morning ones? I'm having one. I don't know how y'all did it, but somehow each of you wrote a particularly funny email. I was laughing hysterically over and over again. My companion is getting a bit nervous for me. Poor girl haha.

I have so many lovely stories to share with you this week. The first being that this whole miracle blog (whenyoubelieveingod.blogspot.com) is turning out to be a miracle! Junius (Miracle Post #2) is sharing my blog with everyone he talks to and is starting to soften his heart to what we believe! Nothing would make me happier than seeing that darling black baptist man sitting in church this Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Lovely Story #2: Robin agreed to get baptized!!! As well as two other investigators. You should get up and do a happy dance right this very instant. Oh how lovely this work truly is. If you want to start praying she'll be able to switch her work schedule, it would be much appreciated!

Lovely Story #3: Remember that seriously offended less active sister we met my second week here? She's officially re-activated. And we may start teaching her very Catholic boyfriend in the very near future. Anyone else just like grinning from ear to ear right now? Good-me too!

Lovely Story #4: The very first less active sister I met in this ward initially wanted us to take her name off the church record. Now...10 weeks later, she's asking us if she can have visiting teachers again. HALLELUJAH. God truly softens hearts.

Lovely Story #5: I was meant to go to Jerusalem. A woman we've been teaching and serving texted us yesterday saying that she is ready to give up. In other words, she's been contemplating suicide. Immediately, Sister Hibpshman and I got on our knees and prayed for guidance. We went over to see this darling woman hoping we could help. She stayed laying in her bed, and we sat cross legged on the floor of her bedroom talking with her. We began a lesson talking about how so often we only focus on the part of the Atonement that covers our sins, but Christ's suffering in Gethsemane covered SO much more than that. I then felt inspired to tell her about my experience in the literal garden of Gethsemane 6 months ago. I testified of the reality of our Savior and how I knew that He knows exactly how she is feeling. I pulled out the olive leaves I have pressed in my scriptures that the gardener gave us from the garden and pulled off a leaf. I told her that in the moments she doubted, all she needed to do was hold on to that leaf. Jesus Christ lived and died for each one of us. He is real. He knows her. That leaf can be a reminder for her. As she held that leaf, tears fell down her face. We sang a few hymns to her just like we did in the Garden of Gethsemane when I was there and just let that beautiful spirit fill the room. We then handed her a Book of Mormon, testifying to her that in our darkest moments...this book gives us the strength to carry on. She finally opened up and agreed to read it. And guess what? That olive tree leaf is now her book mark in that Book of Mormon. Oh my word...I love this woman. I love our Savior Jesus Christ and the hope He gives each one of us. And I love that I can share these incredible experiences in Jerusalem with other people and help them feel of the reality of Jesus Christ.

Lovely Story #6: I lost my voice this week! And let me tell you...when I got up to bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting this week...it was pretty hysterical. Fingers crossed this nasty cold goes away. But for now, my voice is pretty entertaining. Strangely enough, I think people feel pity for us and listen a little bit longer when we talk to them. I mean, come on. We got 3 new investigators in one day yesterday. 2134th happy dance of the week.

I LOVE YOU. And hey, today's my 160th day on the mission. Talk about CRAZY. Have a lovely day.
Sister Hutchins
Dearest fam bam...how would you feel about adopting 4 more sisters? Lovely. I love these darling sister friends. So glad we could all be reunited at Zone Conference this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment