Monday, October 28, 2013

Lots of Love, Pie, and Pictures

Dear World, 

I'm just going to rant today about how much I love Timuquana? Sound good? Lovely. I LOVE this ward. I LOVE this area. I LOVE these people. We had a Harvest Hoedown ward activity this past week and it was so much fun. From insane apple bobbing contests, to mortifying pie-eating contests (yes, I was bullied into participating), to country music line dancing...it was lovely. And after bonding all the more that night, we returned the very next day ready to speak on our missionary efforts to get this ward motivated to participate in member missionary work. It was delightful. We're working toward getting everyone involved in inviting their friends and family to hear more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it and I love them. Miracles are coming with these darling members I can feel it.
Elder Johnson won without a doubt. He's a stud.
I love my bishop and his wife. They are much too cute. 

Now, I have got to share a lovely miracle of my week. About a week or two ago we had an hour left in our night. We both strangely felt led to a specific street. And door after door was not the friendliest. Then suddenly we were at a door of a man that seemed semi-interested. We marked him as a potential and didn't really think anything of it. A week later, we call as he had asked and this is what this darling man said, "You two truly showed up like angels at my door. I've been searching and then BAM. There you were. You must know God to go out declaring His name." We've started teaching him and and he's so ready to learn more. I LOVE when the long days produce miracles you don't see until weeks later. Tender mercies are all around us.

Sorry this is short and sweet...I've got to get working on my miracles blog before we head out to find a pumpkin patch. I LOVE FALL. And I love you all. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gospel.

Sister Hutchins

[Sidenote: if you have not seen Jenessa's video on her sister missionary Facebook page, go watch the pie eating contest. Jenessa is very funny.]

No comments:

Post a Comment