Monday, October 7, 2013

Hello Dear World (with pictures!)

Hello Dear World!

This week has been quite the roller coaster. I had the flu for 6 days and it was not the most enjoyable thing. I finally had to cave and stay inside for a day. After that LONG day I wasn't feeling any better, but I couldn't waste another day inside. It just killed me to waste that time. So I am a firm believer in Tylenol Cold and Flu. In case any of you were wondering-It's magic. And now that I am feeling better, I can honestly say...being fully health that y on the mission is the biggest blessing. I've been breaking into happy dances all weekend about feeling better. I think my companion thinks I'm crazy. I asked her to describe me in one word....She said stubborn...especially after this past week. Poor girl is probably stuck with me another transfer. We'll find out next week! I sure do hope we stay together in this area. I'm falling in love with Timuquana.

Can I just rant to you all about my love for General Conference? I can honestly say that this past weekend was the best Conference weekend I have ever had the privilege to watch. By the time the Saturday session I had 14 questions I wanted to find answers to (I need a lot of guidance apparently haha. I had no clue I had so many questions!). Some were personal questions, and lots more were about the people I am currently teaching and serving. By the end of Saturday I had 13 of the 14 answered. I came with 11 more questions on Sunday...and found answers to all of them. Oh my word, God is so ready to provide us with answers if we truly listen. I am so grateful for a prophet on the earth today. His guidance and direction is an incredible blessing in my life.

By the way, I had another one of those perfect moments. When we sang "Called to Serve" on Sunday during the afternoon session, it hit me how much has changed in a year since the announcement last October about the ages of sister missionaries. I am oh so grateful for the prophet and the revelation he received that enabled me to serve right now. It's divine. I know this is exactly where God needs me to be and it is such a beautiful thing to have that knowledge.

By the way, the offended Less Active sister we've been working with sent us the best text in the world. "Hi sisters. I am watching conference. Thank you for all you do." Picture like 30 more happy dances when we read that one.

Alrighty, I love you all. I am so ready to get out there and share the gospel this week...especially now that I am feeling better. Thanks for all being such a constant support for me in my life. I love this work oh so much.

Sister Hutchins
 We went down to Ortega River for a P-day picnic with the Normandy Sisters. It was a perfect afternoon.

 I still love light posts oh so much.


And I couldn't help but share this one with the world. It made my companion and I laugh on the ground for much too long one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment