Monday, November 18, 2013

Jesus Christ Lives

Dear world!

We had Zone Conference this week...I like to see it as spiritual missionary boot camp. In the space of 8 hours, 2323489 things are addressed and sometimes you feel a bit chastised. The spirit inspires you again and again with how you could be doing missionary work better in your area, and by the time you are walking out the door, you can't really handle how many notes you took and how ready you are to get to work again. Before we left though, we had time for 5 "one minute short and powerful testimonies" as President Craig calls them. I didn't even realize I was standing to speak, until I was doing just that. And this is about what I said with that quality minute:

 If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, it is this: Jesus Christ lives and nothing else matters. When you're overwhelmed, or sad, or happy, or in any stage of life...the only thing that really matters is that Jesus Christ lives. He loves me and I love Him. And with this sure knowledge, we can overcome and master anything that is places in our path. I know with all my heart that this gospel is true. Joseph Smith is a prophet. And the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

And here are a few fun side notes for you....

1. I FOUND CINNAMON PINECONES. And for those of you who know me well...that definitely inspired an ecstatic giggle in Walmart...which is saying a lot because I still detest Walmart.

2. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving!!! I thought it would be a bit sad not being home, but I'm strangely excited. We've got two meals planned, one with the darling recent convert Holliday and another with our mission mama's family...I have a feeling this is going to be like that scene in Gilmore Girls..."And eat and eat and eat and eat and eat." I may be transferred the day before Thanksgiving though. That would be a tiny bit sad. 

3. It's starting to get cold. So we may be venturing to the mall to find me a jacket. I'm a little afraid of stepping into a mall. It's been a while.

4. When we knock doors...we seem to not find new investigators...but instead, less active members that aren't on the roster and have been forgotten. This is the 3rd time. One of them is so darling, but every time we call her...her ringback tone is Hunter Hayes "I Want Crazy" and it nearly kills me to not sing along. Press Forward
Saints though as Jen would say.

LOVE YOU ALL. HAPPY ALMOST THANKSGIVING.

No comments:

Post a Comment