Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Transfers & Tender Mercies (w/ pictures!!)

Hey Y'all!

Changes are in store today....hello TRANSFERS. My time in perfect, darling Lake Butler has sadly come to an end, and an entirely different kind of adventure awaits. I'm being sent back to Jacksonville to be a Sister Training Coordinator. I really have no idea if that calling even exists in other missions, but I'll be serving over the Sister Training Leaders in each zone. It's a tad daunting to say the least, BUT God has everything perfectly in His hands.

To finish out the tradition strong, Sunday's pow wows was ALL about the tender mercies we have seen in Lake Butler. And oh my word, I have never seen so many tender mercies in my life. Let me tell you about a few before I race off to a zone activity/packing like a mad woman.

Tender Mercy #1: Having the world's best team of missionaries here in Lake Butler. I have never worked with such incredible young men and women. Their faith and service is what helped make Lake Butler home for me. I adore them all. No matter how dorky we all may very well be-y'all are jealous. LB3 FOREVER. (p.s. We've become a famous little service team...from axing trees, hacking bushes, demolishing burned homes....we LOVE service.)




Tender Mercy #2: Here in Lake Butler, the entire ward has become my family. I don't know how they all won my heart so quickly...I think it may be that Southern charm. However, I do have two people I adore a little extra. We call them our Southern parents. Brother Rusty and Sister Sandra have been our home away from home, our safe haven in the middle of a hard day. I couldn't be more grateful for their incredible love.
Tender Mercy #3: I ADORE MY COMPANION. Between Sister Call and Sister Cline, my time in Lake Butler has been every missionary's dream. Serving beside Sister Cline has taught me so much about how the Spirit works and how invaluable helping other's feel loved really is. I really am the most blessed missionary around.
I LOVE YOU ALL. I LOVE MY MAMA (happy mother's day!!!). I LOVE THE GOSPEL. And I am even beginning to LOVE change. I know it's for the best and I cannot wait to tell y'all ALL the many things I'll be learning. Missing you...but NOT for too much longer =)

No comments:

Post a Comment