Monday, March 17, 2014

Miracles, Deliciousness, Facebook, and Twinners (w/ pictures!)

I absolutely loved March 12th. It felt like my birthday of the mission. Reading miracle after miracle, hearing my ward share their testimonies on Sunday about the event and it's influence, and just realizing for the millionth time how much God's hand is in our lives was stunning. I am SO grateful for your help and participation. If you could have been in my spot and seen how far a simple status event could go, you would be equally stunned. I love online missionary work. In just a matter of days, this event, aka all the people who participated, touched more people that even live in the county I serve in. God is so good!

Happy St. Patty's day!!!! Normally I kind of giggle at the companionships that color coordinate, but today...we color-coordinated and somehow it turned into a twinner day. I love it a little too much. Companionship unity for the win.

Ready for our perfect moment of the week? We were eating dinner at the Starlings and Stephen walks in with the most decadent desserts in the world. I wish this picture did them justice. I feel a bit selfish going over to see the Starling family now...it's like an hour of spending time with my real family. I adore them more than is even healthy. And one of their sons is getting baptized now too! Hallelujah. And their 17 year old daughter is already talking about her mission. Goodness gracious. I love it. I love it. I love it.

Oh and can I tell you my miracle story through this miracle blog!?!? One night last transfer, we knocked on a door and the family who answered was NOT interested. We told them about the miracles blog and asked if we could share one of their miracle stories. They let us in =) A half hour later we were friends over facebook and chatting away like we'd known each other for years. About three weeks later, the mom of the family sees a post of mine on facebook and asks what I meant about a forever family sealed in the temple. A week later, we were at her home teaching her all about it! The next morning (this happened this week) on facebook I had a message from her all about how she was up all night tossing and turning about what it would mean to her if her family was sealed in the temple. The many miracles that are coming through this blog are almost too much for me to handle. I love how God can work so powerfully through the small things.

Hope all is well on the other side of the country! I might maybe may be turning into a small town girl. I love Lake Butler!


Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment