Monday, October 27, 2014

Scattered Side Notes w/ Fantastic Pictures

This is going to be incredibly scattered. Hope you love me anyway =)

SIDE NOTES GALORE:
Side note #1: I was on a trade-off finding with a set of sisters in Jax West. As we were out tracting, we walked past a basketball court of probably 8 men playing a pretty intense game. They were covered in tattoos and looked a bit on the rougher side. I found myself walking up to them, and after they shot a basket, telling them who we were and leaving cards on the bleachers for them. They were surprisingly kind. As we walked away it hit me that a year ago, I would have walked right past that opportunity. I seriously love the power of my calling as a missionary. That sister next to me (who was rather shy) didn't say a word hahaha. 
Side note #2: While doing service this week, my cute companion sucked up my hair into a vacuum that was extra powerful. It was hysterical. And reason #233422 why I want to chop my hair off again.
Side note #3: Remember the family that dropped us, and then picked us up again after they saw Meet the Mormons? Well guess what? They waltzed in to our Fall Festival on Saturday. ALL FOUR OF THEM (yes, the handicapped 21 year old, the VERY Catholic father, the 16 year old daughter, and the incredible mother). And what did the darling Mandarin 1st ward do? Fellowship them beautifully. I have no doubt they'll be baptized in the next few months. How wonderful is that?! 
Side note #4: I seriously adore Nate. After an incredibly powerful lesson about the Atonement, he said the closing prayer asking about WHEN he should be baptized. There was such a powerful spirit during the prayer. He was crying, we were crying, his fiance was crying, heck...the member we took with us was crying. We had to race out of the lesson to help with the Fall Festival, but he called us 12 minutes later. Listen to this!! He said he had a question! And his question was, "Did y'all feel that? When I asked about when to be baptized...did you feel that fire in your heart or however you would describe it?!" Sister Petramalo started doing a little dance and had to hold back from screaming, "You mean, the SPIRIT?" It was incredible. He's taking us out to dinner tonight as a cute going away evening for me.

Side note #5: Did you know that the way members show their love is through food in Mandarin First? It's killing me. We have 4 "goodbye" meals over the next 2 days. And we already had to say no to 4 others. I'm sick to my stomach at the very thought. But anyway, I am NOT a fan of saying goodbye to the people I adore so much. During the closing hymn in Relief Society, I started bawling like a baby hahaha. Every single ward I've served in on my mission has become my home. I love it oh so much. And yes, that is exactly why a CRAZY amount of photos are coming your way =) 
LOVE Y'ALL. I'll have to let you know next week where I'm headed!!! PARTY. Adventure awaits =)

Sister Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment