Monday, October 20, 2014

From Brunswick to Gainesville

1000 baptisms is the mission goal for the year. WOOT WOOT.
From Brunswick, GA to Gainesville, FL....it seriously feels so good to be back with my companion again. We get back in the car together and it almost feels like vacation to not be the "leaders who supposedly know what they're doing 24/7". We usually refer to ourselves as Hutchamalo, but we recently have been laughing our heads off about Petrachins. Some of my favorite moments this week were car conversations with her. She astounds me. I love the way she so fully comprehends the gospel. This week I stole her journal and wrote in the 25 reasons I look up to her. I'm pretty sure I'm the cheesiest companion there's ever been. But really, I'm going to LOVE these last 9 days with her. A less active, part member family let us borrow their guitar...we've been writing a song about our missions after planning each night. I'll send it home soon =) Be excited. 
Mandarin 1st sisters for life
Have y'all seen Meet the Mormons!? Have y'all invited your friends to it? My goodness, I can't believe I haven't talked about it to y'all yet. Anyway!! We had a Meet the Mormons miracle...well we're currently in the middle of it. A cute family with baptismal dates that I absolutely adored dropped us a month or so ago after deciding they would go to their grandmother's church instead. BUT yesterday a member called us and told us they invited this family to see Meet the Mormons...and they're going. What's even better is the mom of that family said,"We really need to meet with those gals again." OH HAPPY DAY. I've been praying for them for months. 
 Bet y'all have never karaoked to church music at a Filipino party
We taught Nate again...and we felt really impressed to teach from the 5th lesson all about the Priesthood he would SOON hold. We read the beginning of Alma 13 with him and ended the lesson with this beautiful truth-Nate has been foreordained to hold the Priesthood, NOT by chance, but because of his exceedingly great faith and good works (v.3). God has a perfect plan for each of us and for Nate...He's planning for him to hold the Priesthood and to stand as the Patriarch in his family (Kylee and Nate are officially engaged!!). Isn't that remarkable? I have been feeling more and more gratitude toward worthy priesthood holders over the course of my mission. The lesson ended on such a spiritual note. I LOVE it. I could teach Nate everyday. 

Side note: I went on a power trade off in my old area-lovely St. Mary's Georgia! I was out with a sister in training. We finished our trade off and were waiting for the other sisters to meet up with us at my old apartment. I grabbed her iPad, flipped through her areabook to find a former investigator I taught (his baptism fell through 4 days before because he never quit smoking). And guess what? He had moved into that very same apartment complex!! We raced to his apartment low and behold...he had gotten off of work early. I can't quite express to you the tender mercy from Heavenly Father this whole experience was. We stood on his doorstep as he shared with us the sad turn of events in his life...from divorce to his work stress as a Chief Petty officer in the Navy. I then was able to tell him as sincerely as I could that the joy he was looking for....was in the gospel. He had a quick and snarky remark to come back with as always, but he'll realize it's all worth it someday.And for now, I was able to tell him I loved him and share my testimony with him again. God's timing is perfect. I finally am beginning to trust that now. 
 We FINALLY finished the bishoprics' scarves. Holy Hannah-it only
took five months of teaching Shay pre-baptism and post-baptism weekly :)

Alright, that's it from me. Know that someone in Florida loves you OH SO MUCH.

Sister Hutchins 

Heads up-Next week is transfers. There's a 95% chance I'll be headed out to a new area for my last transfer on the mission. Fingers crossed I'm training...though that's not very likely since only 1 sister is coming in!! But anyway...next week's P-day will be a Tuesday.



8 weeks!! I go to the temple in 6 weeks and three days!!! District p-day....we went bowling....felt strangely like a singles ward family home evening  
WE LOVE YOGA. We can officially do crow's pose for a LONG time.
Meaning like 10 seconds but still haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment