Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week One - Hello World!

Hello World!

Oh my word, when everyone tells you the days are like weeks and the weeks are like days on the mission-they were not kidding. But let me tell you, I love this place. There is something so incredibly empowering being surrounded by thousands of missionaries preparing to share the gospel along side you all around the world. Ahhh I'm so glad I decided to serve a mission.

There is much too much to tell you all, but here are a few lovely tid bits from my week.

CURRENT LOVES: I love personal study time. It has been such a blessing to have time to truly study and learn like never before. I love Captain Crunch Berry Cereal in the mornings here. I love running into people I know from Jerusalem, Cambridge, BYU, home, and everything in between. I love getting letters at the end of the day from you darling people. I love the time I get to play volleyball and run. It feels divine. I love my MTC teachers-they are incredible and have taught me so much. I love my district-8 sisters and 3 elders...they are my family here. The tides have really changed here at the MTC. Currently we are at 46% Sisters. Holla. And most of all....I love this gospel. So so so much. I am seriously just getting more and more excited to get out there. 5 days baby.

Teaching Info: My companion and I have two fake investigators and it has been an incredible experience to teach the gospel in what feels like real life situations. It's been hard, especially with one woman, but we finally got through to her. There is nothing like being led by the Spirit to what an investigator needs to here right in that moment. Ahhh the church is true. 

Missionary Catch Phrases: Never did I ever consider how difficult it would be to switch the way I speak into missionary mode. Good bye words like 'guys', 'oh my gosh', 'darling', 'shoot', 'darn it'. And hello 'Sisters', 'Elders', 'bummer', 'oh my word', what on earth?', and 'sad day.' I'm hoping I come up with some quality southern sayings once I get to Florida on Tuesday.

Companion Details: I love love love my companion. Sister Hiedi Phelon (pronounced 'feelin'-I've had some fun with that) just turned 19 and has been excited to serve a mission since she was 4 years old. You have no idea how badly I have needed her pure excitement about all things mission related this past week. I know Heavenly Father was truly aware of the type of companion I could learn and grow the most with while in the MTC and oh my word, Sister Phelon is exactly that. I adore everything about her.

I am so so so happy to be here. There is no better place for me to be and I feel that with all my heart. This has been hard, but the best kind of hard. And though I miss you all like crazy, I know that Heavenly Father needs me here. I love this gospel and had no idea how much more I had to learn,but even in this past week I know I have become that much more prepared to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with lovely Floridians. I know the church is true and I cannot wait to share it. LOVE YOU. 

p.s. Pictures to come. Left my cord at home =/ LOVE YOU ALL.

(Ryan's Instagram shot from just before Jenessa reported tothe MTC on May 29th)

No comments:

Post a Comment