Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 3 - Hello World!

Hello World! 

I'm out of the MTC and drum roll please.....staying in the Jacksonville, Florida mission even with the split happening in a few weeks! I am currently serving in Kingsland Georgia with my darling training companion Sister Wood. Rumor is, this is the area of the mission you get called to....and don't leave for quite some time. Sounds like I'll be here through Thanksgiving. Sister Wood has been on her mission for 5 and half months and she has spent all her time here in Kingsland. Don't worry, I'm loving it. 

Hysterical reality check: The South really is a whole different culture. And the people here seriously do LOVE food. And yes, they are always talking about the next big tropic storm. (Rumor, which is starting to sound like fact....the hottest summer on record is predicted for this year. It's already been 110 degrees. I know you are jealous.) And for your final reality check, the Southern accent is alive and well. I've already perfected mine. I know you all can't wait to hear it in 18 months.

Miracle of the Week: Sister Wood and I had had a rather long day, filled with lots of people not being home. Both our plan and our back up plan had fallen through and we had 15 minutes left before returning home. We decided to go smacting (street/door-to-door contacting). And we met a family of four who invited us back for tomorrow. I am oh so excited. I love them already. This is the first time this has happened for Sister Wood....we are having a panic attack party in the car. So naturally, we named our 2012 Toyota Corolla Mulan, the Smacter. And man oh man, does she live up to her name.

Side Note: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY PAPA. I love you forever. Can't tell you how many non-members laugh that we can't call home on Father's day, but we can on Mother's day. Hope your day was wonderful.

Details on the Mish: I'm currently in a car (hallelujah) but will be riding a bike as well to keep our miles under 1200 each month. The ward I am in is HUGE. It covers 26 free way exits. I am getting my bike today...and am trying to be positiive about riding it in the humidity haha. Sister Wood and I are serving with two Elders as well. Our focus right now is on less active and part member families. This ward has 600 members, but something like 450 less actives. We have been combing through those ward rosters like crazy!

I wish I had the time to express how grateful I am to be on my mission. I knew before he even called my name which trainer I was going to have when she walked into the room. And I know I'm meant to be here in Kingsland. I mean come on, one of our investigator's speaks Arabic as her first language and is reading from an Arabic Book of Mormon. AMAZING. We have a baptismal service on the 28th and our praying like crazy that that date will keep as our investigator is struggling to give up smoking. I know this is all just a whole lot of detail thrown in all over the place, but I am struggling with time. I know with all my heart that God answers prayers. It's been quite a whirl wind out here in the South these past 5 days, but I love love love it. I love this gospel and I love all of you. Have a fabulous week.

Love forever and ever, 

Sister Hutchins 

No comments:

Post a Comment