Monday, April 7, 2014

Moments to Remember (w/ pictures!!)

5 Moments I Will Always Remember:

1. We've got two new sisters in Lake Butler and one of them is from Taiwan! Driving around her first day here, you should have seen her face as she saw her first horse. We all just about died. She didn't freak out about the peacocks crossing the road of our neighbor's home....she stared and stared at the horses with her mouth gaping open. (She eats Seaweed in the morning for breakfast!! LOVE IT.)

2. We're doing a 90 day read of the Book of Mormon as a mission and then sharing our spiritual "aha!" moments during district meetings each week. This week Sister Cline and I did a training at our zone meeting all about the Book of Mormon to kick-start the 90 day reading. Bearing my testimony of the Book of Mormon to a room filled with faithful young men and women was my favorite thing in the world. Not a day will ever go by that I do not read this precious book. I talked all about how we experience our Savior in it's pages...there is no truth more pure than that.

3. A dear sister in our ward had a miscarriage this week. That afternoon as she was in the hospital, my companion and I, with three other Relief Society sisters (one recent convert who got baptized two weeks ago!) got to work cleaning her home. With church music playing and a feeling of complete Christ-like service emanating from these holy women who dropped everything to come and serve for the afternoon, I just sat that stunned at how grateful I am for Relief Society of all things. I am finally coming to appreciate that amazing organization of powerful women. I pray that I'll be the kind of woman that will drop everything to serve as those incredible women did.

4. We set up a family mission plan with the darling recent convert Starlings this week. Before we had even finished the lesson, Ganeene asked to leave and within 5 minutes came back saying, "Alright, I've got one family coming to church next week," as she hung up her phone. Their family is having a competition inviting people to church for the month of April. There is a fire in these people that almost blows me away when I'm in their home. They have more faith than families that have been in the church their entire lives!

5. General Conference. I can't even describe to y'all how in awe I was those perfect 8 hours. Every question, every fear, every worry was addressed. Each talk somehow pierced another part of my soul. The names of family, friends, investigators, members, companions came to my mind like crazy as I listened. To talk about just one talk would be almost impossible, but the one that's standing out the most right now is President Eyring's talk all about the legacy of Hope we each hold in our hands to share with our friends, family, and posterity. We each have the opportunity to have eternal families if we stay faithful and true. Our influence, our decisions, our lifestyle effects more than right now, right here. We have this life to act-this is our time as Gary E. Stevenson said. Let's let it bless eternity. Ahhhh I love the covenants we are sooo blessed to make in the temple. I know the words spoken by the prophet and his apostles are from our Heavenly Father. They were meant for us. And I couldn't LOVE those precious words more. Hope you loved them too!

Love you, 
Sister Hutchins


THIS BIRD WOULDN'T GET OFF MY SHOULDER. I was actually kind of freaking out inside. It tickled sooo badly. 
I love that darling Brooke chose to wear a modest prom dress!
Only in the south would a protective father get away with such a perfect prom photo.
Best gift of a mission-a postcard pillow from Jaclyn Michele. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Lake Butler is actually pretty gorgeous. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment